Finding the Right Home
Home Shopping! The most stressful adventure any family goes on. Let's talk about what to expect so you can be better prepared when you are ready to go.
- Be honest with your REALTOR. She is your resource for everything you will need to do once you decide to buy a home. Take some time with your family to list the items you simply can't live without and the items you WISH you could have but maybe wouldn't be a deal breaker. Give this list to your REALTOR.
- Find a Qualified Lender. Online loans my offer you big savings, however your REALTOR can't sit down with you and your loan officer should the need arise in order to get any issues resolved. Also, your REALTOR probably has a good working relationship with a number of seasoned professionals in the area. Trust is a huge factor in this segment of the purchase process.
- Get a babysitter. On showing day it is especially important to be prepared to focus on the properties you are seeing in order to determine which one may be the best option for your family. We all want the kids and parents to see the home but not today. Your REALTOR can schedule a second showing once you have made up your mind. The time you spend on each home helps you better understand it's function.
- Have available funds. Earnest money is not required, however when making an offer to purchase a home the seller sees your check attached and feels more confident in your sincerity to purchase their home.
- What's the neighborhood like? Your REALTOR can't answer this question even if she lives there. It is a violation of Fair Housing regulations. If the home is the one you want the best thing to do is drive around the neighborhood at various times and pay attention to what happens. School bus times and Saturdays are great times to do this.
- Show some respect. The seller is allowing you to see inside their world. Don't use the bathroom, eat their food or sit on the furniture.
Thanks for being a great buyer for your REALTOR. I'll go over more information you need to know very soon. Follow me.